Monday, March 29, 2010

More Birthdays to celebrate






After playing with the fish Saturday morning, we went to Jose's house to celebrate his daughter's 10th birthday. I am constantly overwhelmed by the degree to which people throw parties around here! Let me reiterate, this was a birthday party for a 10 year old. We got there just as the stretch limo containing all the girls arrived - they had spent the morning ice skating and being chauffeured around town in said limo. They were greeted by all of us shooting them with a silly string tunnel, a live DJ (who was quite good, I might add) a pool, a squirting bouncy house, CATERED food and appetizers, and more people than I could really count. I then found out that 21 people had spent the night there Friday night, and the party was scheduled to continue until at least noon on Sunday. My my my... but what a good time! I have to say, I really like the concept of kids' birthdays being a celebration for grown-ups as well. It's a win/win for all involved and everyone has a good time. I am definitely having Jose plan our next party!

No comments: