Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday STEVE!!






Yesterday was Steve's 39th birthday (again). Not wanting a big to-do about the day, we decided to keep it small and enjoy a beautiful day with friends. I spent the morning making his birthday cake; a local favorite called tres leches. It's a very airy white cake, soaked in 3 kinds of milk, and then given a heavenly cream cheese frosting. It turned out great! Not without mishaps, however. I made the bad decision of pulling out our 30-year old hand mixer rather than using my lovely Kitchenaid.... Apparently, my choice has decided to go wonky in its old age, and turned itself on while my back was turned, spraying every inch of my kitchen with cake batter. I'm looking at the bright side... it WAS time to clean the underneath sides of my cabinets, as well as the ceiling and the back of the refrigerator. Today, you can literally eat off the floors in the kitchen.

Steve's b-day present was a new spear gun. Fun for him, tasty dinners for me. The water was pretty glorious yesterday, so we went with Leslie and Justin to Borinquen Beach, in hopes of spearing dinner (no joy) and to enjoy the sun and good visibility. More pictures of that to come.

No comments: