Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"I am just so HAPPY"

That was my favorite quote from last night's birthday bash at Ola
Lolas. I got to meet Elizabeth and Mike, new island transplants who
are staying at Shacks until they move into their house (just across
from us) at last night's pig roast. Elizabeth and I had been talking
for a while when we both just stopped and took in the scene around us.
Every single person had a huge smile on their face, and those who
weren't in the midst of an animated conversation were enjoying a dance
with their friend, youngun, or mate. Elizabeth, beaming, looked up and
said "I'm just so HAPPY"! I thought it was the perfectly succinct way
to sum up the night.

Nighttime was not when an iPhone was meant to take pictures, and this
is the only one that came out even halfway decently.

No comments: