Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday in Guajataca Forest

 
 
 
Last Sunday, Steve and I headed out to Guajataca Forest for some hiking. This has long been on my list of places to go see, but other places seemed to keep winning out when we were making our plans. Even though it's taken us a year to get here, I think we'll be back in a matter of weeks. It was simply beautiful. The forest boasts 25 miles of hiking trails; I think Steve and I did only about 3-4. It was too pretty to rush. There are also several caves you can play in, but the best and the biggest is Cueva Vientana (Cave of the Winds) More pictures of that later. I really want to check out the rest of the caves, but it had been raining for a few days prior to this trip, and we were warned that the smaller caves are miserable after rains because of the amount of guano. That was all the discouragement we needed.

Anyways, I got a kick out of the welcome sign and instructions. The next 2 pictures show why the precautions - it's a teensy tiny little road!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: