Tuesday, September 13, 2011

...this.

What does this even mean?!

And what happens if I selected the other, unlabeled 87 octane? (yes, there were 2 on the same pump)

And what happens to the percentage of gasoline I'm getting when I exceed the 3 gallons? I needed 18 gallons - that's 5 gallons for a whole lot to go wrong...

Truly bizarre.

Only beat by the truly painful experience I had next door at the McDonalds, where I tried to get a smoothie. The girl who took my order wanted to follow protocol by writing my name on the receipt so she could call me by name when the order was ready. I told her "Tracy" and she asked me to spell it. Which I did. She then asked me to repeat it. So I repeated those 5 letters. She then said, "ok, T-R-A-C... Then what?" In amazement, I Spelled my name for the third time. Wondering why in the world it mattered if it was misspelled on a piece of paper she was going to throw away; wondering even more why she was worrying about it cause, I kid you not, I was the only person in the restaurant; and wondering why we were still debating this when my smoothie was sitting right there in front of me.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: