Thursday, July 29, 2010

Johanna Becomes a Mermaid

 
 
 
 
One of the reasons Johanna came to stay for a while was because she wanted me to teach her how to swim. It's been a long time since my college days of being a swim instructor, but we decided to give it a go and have fun in the process. I can't brag enough about how well Johanna did - not to mention how much of a trooper she is. I was worried about freaking her out as we swam across some of the deeper water, but she took right off and did it herself! In fact, after a couple of hours of paddling around and exploring, she wanted to swim into the Blue Hole... something that got my heart pounding a bit the first time I did it! In case you can't tell from the pictures, she might weigh 85 pounds, soaking wet, and she got goose bumps about 20 mintues in... but she wasn't about to stop to warm up on the beach. I think we stayed in the ocean for about 3 hours that day, and THEN she wanted to go to the pool to work on her technique a little more! What a machine! :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: