Friday, February 26, 2010

Cabo Rojo

 
 
 
 

Yesterday, we went to Cabo Rojo (which means "red heads" in Spanish... for the red rock cliffs) There's lots to do there; there are salt flats to tour, a dry forest (full of cactus)a BEAUTIFUL lighthouse on some gorgeous cliffs, and a really, really pretty beach. The hike up to the lighthouse is short, but pretty rough, so I left mom sitting in the shade to watch the beach while I went up to the lighthouse to see if one of the workers could give us a jeep ride up. Unfortunately, on that particular day, their normal staff of 3 was down to just 1, so he couldn't leave the lighthouse and ferry us up. He then offered to take me all the way up to the very tip top of the lighthouse, through 2 locked doors, so I could stand in the glass encasing with the light rotating inches from me. Loved that! I felt like I was in Pete's Dragon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: